Rich with blueberries and cream that will melt in your mouth.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled
- 1 cup 35% cooking cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut butter into mixture of flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and toss to mix
- In separate bowl beat together cream, egg and vanilla, and slowly pour into dry ingredients. Stir using a rubber spatula until dough forms.
- Add blueberries and gently knead (try not to crush blueberries too much) until it all comes together, 3 or 4 times. Don’t over handle
- Divide dough in half.
- On lightly floured board, shape each half into a 6-inch round. Cut into 6 wedges.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle sugar on top
- Bake on ungreased sheet about 20 minutes
- Served warm are the best!!
VN:F [1.9.21_1169]Blueberry Scones,